Nowadays, this type of disease is the main cause of death, despite the fact that there may be a certain genetic predisposition to suffer from them, the truth is that some unhealthy habits of our current society weigh more, such as sedentary lifestyle. , smoking and poor diet. This type of condition is also the leading cause of disability and loss of quality of life.
The main cardiovascular risk factors are hypertension, hypercholesterolemia (high blood cholesterol), obesity and diabetes, all of which are diseases for which there is sufficient scientific evidence of the importance of diet for prevention and recovery.
Experts recommend people to eat a healthy diet, which should consist of eating heart-healthy foods.
In this article I will recommend some heart-healthy foods that you should include in your menu preparation. These foods are notable for their complicity in helping us take care of our heart health:
- Avocado is one of the best foods because it is very rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, which reduce bad LDL cholesterol and increase good HDL.
- Other very good foods are garlic and onions. They have the role of thinning the blood in the body, and preventing the oxidation of cholesterol. In addition to these benefits, they also prevent atherosclerosis if they are taken raw, they are more effective.
- Pumpkin: beneficial action on high blood pressure due to its sodium-potassium ratio. In addition, it is rich in beta carotene, which protects the artery wall.
- Peas: for its high content of magnesium, zinc, fiber and B vitamins. It increases its benefits by combining it with a cereal.
- In addition to the above foods, nuts are just as good for people’s bodies. Their role is to protect us against arteriosclerosis and heart attack, because in their composition is a high content of omega-3 fatty acids characterized by their high anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic and antiarrhythmic effect, also due to their contribution to coenzyme Q10.
- Peanuts: for their fats, mainly oleic acid, which have a beneficial cardioprotective effect, because they balance HDL (good) and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. In addition, the antioxidant action of vitamin E and phytosterols maintains the elasticity and good condition of blood vessels.
- To prevent the accumulation of fatty plaque in the arteries, magnesium that lowers blood pressure and phytosterols that lower cholesterol, I recommend consuming sesame seeds and sunflower, because they are composed of an antioxidant that prevents these things. They have a very high intake of vitamin E.
- Whole muesli: high in fiber and low in sodium, helps control hypertension and cholesterol levels.
- Oats: its soluble fiber (beta-glucans) absorbs excess cholesterol from the blood.
- In order to have a healthy body, you can also consume grapefruit, because it contains a large amount of vitamin C and minerals beneficial to the heart. Their role is to clean your blood and exert an antioxidant action on the walls of the arteries.
- Soy: reduces the level of cholesterol and triglycerides, prevents the formation of clots in the arteries and the aggregation of platelets.
- And last but not least, black grapes. It is very rich in phytochemicals such as resveratrol, dilates the coronary arteries and improves blood circulation.