Nowadays there are a lot of advertisements for unhealthy foods, which are extremely affordable, pleasant and enjoyable, but these may not be the most suitable snack options for children.
Due to the lack of nutritional information, people live in a confusion about what is best to offer a snack to children and, on the other hand, we can also find that if the rest of the children or colleagues class that our children consume these types of products, they may want to eat them too. In this article I will give you some tips and recipes to prepare light and healthy snacks for children that we can prepare for a moment.
First of all, people must take into account certain nutritional aspects that must meet, more or less, all the meals we eat during the day. In a variable proportion, all the inputs we make should meet a minimum percentage of each macronutrient.
You can get the essential macronutrients from the following:
- Carbohydrates: whole wheat bread, whole grains, seasonal fruits (bananas, apples, tangerines, oranges, melons, melons, melons …), legumes, cocoa.
- Proteins: nuts, yogurt or milk, eggs, meat (turkey sausages, sweet ham, Serrano ham) …
- Fats: nuts and seeds, oils, nut butters, cocoa.
In this article I will give you some easy and healthy snacks that children will eat without complaining:
- Blueberry yogurt and sliced almonds. This type of recipe is very simple and can be prepared at home or in a lunch box. I recommend people to choose a yogurt according to their taste. You can choose cow’s, goat’s or sheep’s milk or even vegetable yogurt such as soy. The sizes are usually standard (125 gr), and we will add a handful of blueberries, or we can crush them a little, so that they are like “natural jam”. Finally add a handful of sliced almonds or small pieces.
- Wholemeal toast with grated tomatoes and fresh cheese. In this recipe I recommend choosing 2-3 slices of quality wholemeal bread (rye, spelled, buckwheat …). Over these slices of bread you can add grated tomatoes, a drop of extra virgin olive oil and a few small cubes of fresh cheese, which children like more (goat, cow or sheep).
- Smoothie with cocoa and bananas. Cocoa or chocolate is one of the foods that can attract the most attention of children, therefore I give you a recipe that can be interesting and fun for a snack.In this shake we will use a glass of milk (about 250 ml), a banana, a tablespoon of pure cocoa powder (the amount will depend on the tolerance of each child, as it may be a little bitter at first) and we will lightly sweeten it by adding a date or a tablespoon of dessert with honey. We put everything together in a blender and that’s it.
- Ice cream with bananas, peanut butter and black ash. For this recipe you will need slices of frozen banana. When you decide to eat, take them out of the freezer and put them in a bowl. Then grind it until it gets a soft texture. Serve it using a tool to make ice cream balls and cover it with a tablespoon of peanut butter and chocolate over 70% crushed cocoa.